Solar Technician 3
Origis Services LLC
Maintain, troubleshoot, test, repair, and install equipment in designated locations in a safe and courteous manner and in accordance with established standards and procedures.
To apply, submit your resumé via the form at the bottom of this page.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of solar power plants in accordance with established standards and procedures; maintains safety and professionalism at all times.
- Provide a working knowledge of troubleshooting electrical components with help and use of digital multi-meters, meggers, amp clamps, and similar equipment. Completely and accurately tests installed equipment, ensuring it is in proper working order including daily inspection for, mechanical component breakage or misalignment, and electrical component failures
- Provides a thorough explanation of equipment, its capabilities and operation to the customer; responds to all questions in a courteous and knowledgeable manner.
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork including but not limited to work orders, service orders, time logs, and emergency information schedules.
- Maintains inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure adequate stock levels; participates in form inventory process on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Maintains control of all assigned company property and ensures that equipment is maintained in safe operating condition at all times.
- Safely operates assigned company vehicle and ensures that it is maintained according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Exhibits appearance and conduct in accordance with established company standards to present a professional image to customers and the general public; maintains the highest degree of decency, honesty, and integrity as a guest in a customers’ home and/or business.
- When on call, ensures availability by telephone or text message contact at all times for service calls.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Basic electrical and mechanical systems knowledge required. Solar experience and/or certified electricians preferred.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Valid Driver License.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Occasionally required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
- Continually exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold
- Occasionally loud noise
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.