Our HistoryOrigis Energy
Origis has become a competitive global player in the solar PV industry and will continue expanding rapidly as we further penetrate promising solar markets.
- Founded by Guy Vanderhaegen and Paul Thiers
- Identified and capitalized on emerging market opportunities in Italy and Greece while the majority of the market was focused on Spain and Germany
- Launched first two investment funds in May and September 2008, respectively
- Began construction on first solar PV system
- Expanded operations to Belgium in 2009 and set up third investment fund
- Added a large plant in Slovakia to project portfolio and began development activities in other EU countries
- Entered the United States in 2012 to capitalize on strong demand for PV plants
- Completed one of the largest solar developments in Southeast U.S. in December 2013
2015 and Beyond
Focused on U.S.
- Focused on developing more than 1 GW in the next two to three years
- Emphasis on utility scale, commercial and public sector solar PV projects in the U.S. and Latin America
- Leverage reputation for ability to bring projects to completion on-time and on-budget to further expand the development pipeline